Nexus: A new model of publishing scholarship in education
Nexus (the Journal) is a paradigm altering approach in how educational scholarship is conducted and communicated. It is paradigm shifting for five reasons that do not occur in any other published scholarly journal.
1. All articles need to demonstrate how teachers were the impetus for the research being conducted.
2. The editorial panel of the journal has an even mix of scholars and qualified practitioners.
3. All articles are blindly peer-reviewed by at least one scholar in the relevant field and ONE practicing teacher.
4. The methods, results and conclusions of published articles must be scientifically robust but written language that can be accessed and understood by pre-service and practising teachers
5. All articles are OPEN-ACCESS with no fees to teachers or researchers. Costs of publishing with Nexus are covered by the revenue raised through grants, consultancy fees and advertising with 'Nexus Education'.
Expressions of Interest for the Nexus Editorial Board
Nexus Education is seeking highly accomplished teachers and researchers who want to work together in creating a new model of publishing scholarship in education.
We are calling for individuals from all educational discipline backgrounds and fields of endeavour who have a passion for exception educational outcomes in teaching and learning. The editorial board will consist of an even mix of practitioner teachers and active educational researchers. The ideal candidate will be a teacher who enjoys challenging their own practice and a researcher who enjoys challenging the meaning their research has.
Please submit your expression of interest to Dr Dean Dudley and Andy Vasily via email at firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com. You should provide a brief expression of interest statement (no more than 300 words) and a CV of no more than four pages.